Identity shift after the world cup final ⚽🌟
Have you ever gotten too into a book, and you suddenly started taking on characteristics of one of the characters?
(Literally as I write this I remember that this happened to me when I read Twilight 😆 and I started behaving like an emo vampire for a few days)
Well this happened to me again, totally unexpectedly. This time, not with a vampire, but with a soccer/football player. (I'll just say football from here on out because that's what it actually is)
Leandro Paredes, the Argentine football player that everyone says "assaulted" a Spanish player. Leandro and the whole Argentine squad had no choice but to be humbled as they got dominated in the world cup final by Spain. Were they sore losers? Sure, these players HATE losing. That's why I found this next part surprising.
After the defeat at the world cup final, Leandro flew home to Argentina with the squad. Once arriving in his home country, he immediately went back to training with his club Boca Juniors. No breaks. And he was a starter in their match at the South American cup that same week.
I could feel his saltiness, his fury. Nothing could be done about the lost final, but he could get back in the gym and prepare for the next challenge immediately. Something about seeing this flipped a switch in me.
I had been spending too much time feeling sorry for myself after not performing "well enough" in my own tasks. Upon seeing Leandro dealing with his loss by training his ass off, my brain basically said: I WANT THAT.
And off we went.
Today is day 4 of this switch, and the spirit of Leandro is still burning within me. I'm worried that the flames will die out, so now I'm figuring out a way to keep it going for long-term.
Comments
Post a Comment